Finding My Way

I've come to a fork in the road, my heart is corrupted. I'm losing myself once again, if ever my life has been challenging it has been these past few years... I always feel myself slipping away and it's then that I start feeling down. I know people often feel uncomfortable when confronted with anything unpleasant, I mean it's human nature. So many thoughts go through my mind, many of them unpleasant, it is because of this reason I have not published much of my writing in these past years. This year that's changing, I will say what I mean and with intent. I figure nobody really reads much anymore,  why bother censoring my unread words.
Over the years I have written many words, but have not shared many thoughts. Writing has always been my strongest form of expression, like running I feel it just comes naturally.
There's so many things happening, I have so many goals, I started running in August. I'm not going to stop anytime soon...and so with my writing and creativity, I'm hoping to maintain balance and not stop that too.
My focus this year is on an issue that affects my heart deeply and personally, Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women. I'm hoping to spread awareness and in the process learn more about this out of control epidemic that has continually been silenced by ignorance. I've discovered upon recent statistics research that the scope of missing and murdered indigenous women remains a mystery. I can hardly get through some articles without my eyes becoming teary. I find myself thinking about how if we never found my sister when she was nightmarishly murdered or discovered her attacker and fought with the DA to have him sentenced to life in prison, how would our family feel? My heart sincerely goes out to those families left wondering and hurting from the unknown. This year I will venture to a place that hurts my soul and I will share it here, feel free to journey with me down this dark road.

I've taken the liberty to share an article, it informs about a NM task force for MMIW.

https://newsmaven.io/indiancountrytoday/the-press-pool/new-mexico-missing-and-murdered-indigenous-women-task-force-gets-members-yn0FMoWAik-WlPjWRM1h-Q

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Start

To Make Each Moment Count

My Mind is a Disarray