I am Diné






🖤So much to say and no idea where to start.
We’ll just say this is a message from the heart.
Every year it seems we fall closer apart.
Who are we, who are even you and I?
Our identity has been ostracized, throughout the ages our bloodline has been degraded.
I’ve read of revolutions, disillusions, confusions and heartache.
Everything about this country's history remains a mystery to me.
Why do they believed you can own people, land, and everything to be for the taking?
They claim to have found us? Even though we were never lost.
Our ancestors knew there would be a cost, now look at all that is truly lost..
the water is polluted, species have become extinct, our atmosphere is globally warming, there’s talk of a WWIII.
Our people, our homes,  our culture and language have constantly been raided.
Nonody talks about the native segregation or the attempted genocide. 
Savage is what my bloodline has been labeled, a reason to take our sacred lands, all at a corporate hand.
Burned our crops and treated our treaties with treason, ill ridden us into holding their hand..
calling it federal government land, handing out commodity in a can.
Stole our children from their homes, stealing their spirits, their hearts and souls.
They had a plan of evil and corruption,
 anything that had to do with destruction,
“Kill the Indian, save the man” like I read and said they had a plan of deceit.
They gave us treaties, tried to pave a way, that is what they always say.
Instead, devised a plan, continue to take our land.
Hiding the truth in plain sight, trying to quantify us into extinction with no distinction.
This is the history of what I've seen. Causing a series of generational trauma and lets not start with the alcohol toxicity and chemical dependency.
Yet, we are Indigenous, we are still here,...
I am Diné, these are words from my heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Start

My Mind is a Disarray

To Make Each Moment Count